Current Capital Projects
Interactive Facility Projects Map
The markers on the map below illustrate VSB’s active school facility projects. Active projects include schools that are currently involved in the seismic renewal planning process, schools that are participating in seismic mitigation feasibility studies, as well as active seismic building upgrades and new construction projects.
Click on the markers or facilities project list above for more information on each project.Check back often for announcements about public consultation meetings and project milestone updates.
Please click on the schools listed below for information on current seismic and new construction projects.
Check these pages often for announcements including public consultation meetings and project milestone updates.
- Summary Table of Active Capital Projects (Feb 2013)
- Map of Current and Planned Capital Projects (April 2013)
- Map of Completed Capital Projects (Jan 2013)
- Completed Capital Project Profiles (1996-2013)
The Planning and Facilities Division is responsible for:
- Short and long range facilities planning
- Assessing education programming needs and school space use
- Submission of capital planning requirements to the Ministry
- Design and construction of all capital projects which includes new school construction, seismic upgrades, major renovations and property development
- Traffic planning
- Establishing district-wide educational facilities plans and policies
- Monitoring and analyzing enrolment and development trends