GA: Personnel Policies Goals
The Board of School Trustees (the “Board”) recognizes that a dynamic and efficient staff dedicated to their work is necessary to maintain and constantly improve the school district's educational program. The Board is interested in the district's employees as individuals and recognizes its responsibility for promoting their general welfare.
The Board is committed to assembling a highly competent, well-trained staff, able to fit each discipline and responsibility into a balanced, well-run school program.
The district's specific personnel goals are:
- to recruit, select, retain, and promote the most suitable people to staff the schools;
- to develop and manage a staff compensation program that will be fair and rewarding to all employees;
- to provide a professional growth program for as many employees as the district's resources will allow, in order to improve their performance and their chances to grow in their work;
- to devise an evaluation program that will contribute to the improvement of performance;
- to develop the quality of human relationships necessary for high staff morale and performance;
- to use staff talent as effectively and economically as possible for the benefit of the entire school district;
- to ensure that personnel functions as listed above are undertaken in keeping with the district's commitment to equal employment opportunity.
DMT Responsibility: AS-HR