District Parent Advisory Council
HAVE YOU SIGNED THE DPAC PETITION ON FUNDING? CLICK HERE TO SIGN IT!
What is DPAC?
Alternative web page can be found here: http://www.vsbdpac.ca.
We are on FaceBook too - Check us out and "Like Us"
The Vancouver District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC) is a collection of parents working with the common goal of supporting education for all the children of Vancouver.
Our purpose is to:
- Support Parent Advisory Councils (PACs) at the school level and to encourage them to share their parents' views at the district and provincial levels
- Represent the views of city parents to the Vancouver Board of Education through participation on school board standing and advisory committees
- Advocate for Vancouver parent concerns at the provincial level through representation to the British Columbia Confederation of Parent Advisory Councils (BCCPAC), Vancouver Members of the Legislative Assembly (MLAs), and the Ministry of Education (MOE).
Vancouver District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC) does not represent one voice. We try to represent the diverse views of Vancouver PACs and parents. Recognizing that each student is unique, our goal is to attain the best education for all students in our school district (SD#39).
We strive to ensure that our input to various committees and levels of government will represent the diverse views of Vancouver PACs. We strive to ensure that the Vancouver Board of Education is communicating clearly with city PACs.
We invite all PACs to become informed and participate in the workshops and meetings our DPAC hosts.
There are twelve elected positions on the DPAC executive plus two appointed community positions. Please take the time to share your PAC's views and concerns with your District Parent Advisory Council Executive members.
In September of 2011 DPAC engaged a Communications Coordinator to assist with organising and coordinating information for both the DPAC executive and the Parent Advisory Councils (PACs). The executive suggests you try the following contacts to find answers to your PAC questions:
- Ask one of your DPAC executive members
- Contact the DPAC Communications Coordinator
- Talk with your school administrator
- Talk with the education coordinator in your area office
- Check the board's website
- Contact your liaison trustee.
On our webpages you will find:
- 2010-2011 DPAC executive members and their contact phone numbers
- A List of Vancouver schools and their DPAC executive liaisons
- DPAC Executive Meetings Minutes
- PAC Parent handbook and other publications
- PAC PST Refund Claim Information & Application
- "Parents are Teachers Too" video in multiple languages
- DPAC Executive elections information
- Information about DPAC's new logo designed by Bronwen Kyffin Design