Location: 4750 St. Catherines St.
Grades: K - 3
Excerpts from Administrative Report: Schools Considered for Potential Closure
Public Consulation and Feedback Meetings
|Programs & Rentals|
Other School Programs: n/a
Other Rentals: n/a
|Facilities and Operations Info|
School Size (Gross Floor Area): 1,470 square meters
Age of Facility: 47 years
2004 VSB Seismic Ranking Priority: 64/103
Commonwealth Report (2008) Heritage Score: 5/25
Property Assessment Value (February 2010): $5,815,000
- Where McBride catchment students go to school (pdf)
- Where McBride Elementary students come from (pdf)
- Where McBride Annex students come from (pdf)
Click on maps below to open and read details.
Page 82 of report: Figure 50. Map of Area 4
(McBride Annex): 2010 enrolment and school surplus spaces
Download a helpful guide to interpreting the catchment and enrolment maps for McBride Annex (pdf)
Stage 1 Evaluation - Policy Criteria Assessment
The Policy Criteria Assessment is undertaken to establish if the initial two policy conditions are met for the school to be considered for closure.
- Read Stage 1 Evaluation (pdf)
Stage 2 Evaluation - Detailed School Assessment
- Read Stage 2 Evaluation (pdf)
- The current enrolment at McBride Annex is 63 and its capacity utilization is only 43%. McBride Elementary is operating at 90% capacity, but should be able to accommodate the in-catchment students from the annex if the acceptance of new cross boundary students at McBride Elementary is restricted.
- There is also surplus capacity at Livingstone, Brock and Mackenzie elementary schools, any of which could accommodate the enrolment of McBride Annex.
McBride Annex students may be able to be accommodated within McBride Elementary by September 2011 if restrictions are placed on cross boundary student acceptance. There is also adequate capacity at three other surrounding schools so the enrolment from the annex could be redistributed with minimal adjustments to catchment boundaries.
McBride Annex is being considered for closure in conjunction with Dickens Annex; however, there is not sufficient capacity in the area to accommodate closure of both schools. Of the two schools, McBride Annex has fewer students (63), compared with 105 at Dickens Annex.
Based on the Stage 2 Evaluation, it is recommended that McBride Annex be advanced to the public consultation phase.