Core French 12 Course Overview
Listening and viewing with intent supports our acquisition
The communicative context determines how we express ourselves.
Language and culture are interconnected and shape our perspective, identity, and voice.
Exploring diverse forms of cultural expression promotes greater understanding of our own cultural identity.
Acquiring French provides a unique opportunity to access and interact with the Francophone world.
Developing proficiency in French provides diverse opportunities.
French 12 is a 4-credit course that counts towards the graduation portfolio in British Columbia high schools. The course uses the Vista Higher Learning (VHL) online program called “D’Accord”. The program covers the main skills of language learning through written/reading tasks as well as aural/oral activities. The course consists of five units that are each developed around a theme which presents useful vocabulary and grammar structures along with cultural components. See below for further information on the unit content. At the end of the course, a key audio-visual project is presented as a culminating activity.
Where does this course fit?
- Pre-requisite: French 11 (4 CREDITS)
- Graduation Status: Grade 12 elective for graduation
- It is strongly recommended that you use a laptop or desktop computer running Windows, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Audio and recording capability are also mandatory.
- A properly functioning audio/recording system is required for the many oral/aural tasks included in the program.
L’INFLUENCE DES MÉDIAS
LA VALEUR DES IDÉES
LES GÉNÉRATIONS QUI BOUGENT
S’ÉVADER ET S’AMUSER
LES RICHESSES NATURELLES
Assessment Percentage Breakdown
Percentage of the Course
You have up to a year to complete your course.