CONTACT INFORMATION AND SCHOOL ASSIGNMENTS FOR MCLWS
- The MCLWs were introduced into the VSB system over three decades ago, dedicated to support Vancouver’s ethnic communities.
- In 1977 when the first five MCLWs began their work in the Vancouver public schools, thanks to the Canada Works Grant.
- By September 1978, funds had been raised to hire 13 additional MCLWs.
- By 2015, there were 25 full-time and part-time MCLWs.
- Currently there are 23 full-time and part-time MCLWs.
We are multilingual and multicultural members of the VSB educational team. We work with school administrators, staff, students and parents to facilitate and to enhance communication with a view to enabling students to reach their potential.
To accomplish this mandate involves work in three main areas: