Fashion Industry 12
Fashion Industry 12 Course Overview
Design for the life cycle includes consideration of social and environmental impacts.
Personal design interests require the evaluation and refinement of skills.
Tools and technologies can be adapted for specific purposes.
You will be expanding on your knowledge on the elements and principles of fashion design, the fashion industry and the fashion design process. You will be expected to complete three choice projects OR create a fashion design portfolio which can help you with admission to a post-secondary fashion design program.
Where does this course fit?
- Pre-requisite: Textiles 11 or Advanced Sewing Skills.
- Graduation Status: One of the Grade 10/11/12 ADST/Arts Education options for graduation
- 4 credit course
- MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Sewing Machine and Notions
- Depending on the projects you choose: paper, sketchbook, pen, pencil, ruler, pencil crayons, scissors, scotch tape, glue, stapler, glue gun, and paints.
- For some projects, you may have to go and purchase fabric swatches and commercial patterns.
1. What is Fashion?
Elements of Design, Principles of Design, Fabrics and Fibers, Evolution of Fashion, Influences of Fashion, Values, Attitudes
2. Business of Fashion
Marketing, Merchandising, Trends, Fashion Pie, Online Markets, Franchising, Supply Chain, Fashion Ethics
3. Fashion Design
Form and Function, Fashion Illustration, Concepts and Inspiration, Cultural Appropriation, Croquis, Fashion Flats
4. 3 Choice Projects or Fashion Design Portfolio
You will be choosing 3 of 18 Projects or a Fashion Design Portfolio
Assessment Percentage Breakdown
Percentage of the Course
3 Learning Guides
3 Choice Projects or Portfolio
You have up to a year to complete your course.