Skip to main content

 

image description

Open Data

open data

Explore the Vancouver School Board public data to find answers to your questions and form insights about your district. 

Birth Trend

The table includes actual birth counts within each school catchment area for the past six years and 3-year averages of birth changes. The births have been trending downward in the District.  Download - Excel File


Youth Population History

The table shows the actual youth population age from 0 to 17 who resided in the District and school catchments (2011 – 2022). Download - Excel File


Youth Population Forecast

The table shows youth population age from 0 to 17, projected to reside in the District and school catchments (2023 – 2037). Download - Excel File


Elementary Enrolment History

The Vancouver School Board's elementary school enrolment history of all programs (2012 – 2022). Enrolment records are snapshots. Download - Excel File


Secondary Enrolment History

The Vancouver School Board's secondary school enrolment history of all programs and international students (2012 – 2022). Enrolment records are snapshots. Download - Excel File


Elementary Enrolment Projection

The Vancouver School Board elementary school baseline enrolment projection of all programs per school (2023 – 2032). Download - Excel File


Secondary Enrolment Projection

The Vancouver School Board secondary school baseline enrolment projection of all programs per school (2022 – 2032). Download - Excel File


District Capture Rate

The table includes actual capture rates of school-age children (age between 5 and 17) attending Vancouver School Board schools. If the capture rate of the District is 80%, it means 80% of school-age children residing in the Vancouver School District area attend one of the VSB District schools and the rest, 20% chose to attend other schools. Other schools could be public schools in neighbouring districts or private schools. Download - PDF file


District Migration Rate

The chart shows the Vancouver School Board migration trend per age group at the district level describing different retention rates depending on age groups. Download - Image File


2022-2023 Kindergarten District Choice Applicants and Numbers Waitlisted

There are sixteen schools providing District Choice programs in the Vancouver School District. This table lists the number of applicants and waitlists for the District Choice programs. Download - PDF File


2022-2023 Regular Kindergarten Enrolment requiring Placement

This table shows the number of kindergarten applicants by school for the Regular English Program and students requiring placement (not including Choice Programs) and identified *Full Schools. Download - PDF File 

*Some of the Vancouver School District schools have inadequate physical space to accommodate in-catchment applicants and require enrolment management strategies in place to provide sound and equitable education. The list of full schools varies annually. 


If you have any questions related to the content on this page, please email planning@vsb.bc.ca.

Back to top