Secondary Student Progress Report
The 2022 VSB Summer Learning program has concluded.
Elementary Summer Learning report cards were distributed to students on the final day of class.
Secondary Summer Learning report cards will look a bit different from reports during the school year. Due to differing reporting requirements, students in Grades 8-9 courses will receive a report that communicates achievement through Proficiency Scales while students in Grade 10-12 courses will receive reports that communicate achievement through percentages.
Secondary Summer Learning report cards will be available to students in the following ways:
- For non-VSB students, students who were in Grade 7 at the end of June 2022, and students who are attending the Vancouver Learning Network (VLN) – report cards have been mailed to the students’ address listed in MyEd BC.
- For students attending a VSB school during the regular school year – report cards have been published and are available through the MyEd BC Student/Family Portal. Additional Information and support for the MyEd BC Student/Family Portal
Please note that the MyEd BC Student/Family Portal will only be available during the following dates to allow for the system to prepare for the 2022-2023 School Year. We recommend students download a copy of their report card during one of the following times:
- August 5, 2022 from 4:00 p.m. to 11:59 p.m.
- August 15, 2022 – August 29, 2022
Additional Information for Grade 12 students (2021-2022 School Year)
- Grade 12 students will also be able to access their final Summer Learning marks on their transcript and/or order their transcript via the BC Ministry of Education Student Transcripts Service (STS).
If you are having difficulty accessing the MyEd Student Family Portal, please follow the applicable directions below.
Should you encounter difficulty with the links, please access them directly through the MyEd Student Family Portal Support site.
The Student Family Portal is case-sensitive so please be aware of whether the Caps Lock is on or off or whether passwords and security answers contain lower- and upper-case characters.
If you know the Login ID, Primary Email, and Security Answer:
1. You can re-enable the account and reset the password by following this guide: Resetting a Password or Enabling a Disabled Account
2. You will receive an email (sent to the primary email address) with a system randomly generated password. Use it when following this guide: First Time Logging In
If you do not know the primary email or if the system does not accept the security answer or indicates that you are disabled from using the reset feature:
1. Contact your HOME SCHOOL MAIN OFFICE (Summer hours are M-F, 8:00am – 3:00pm)
2. Request a reset to your MyEd BC Account
3. Provide/confirm primary email address for the account in the system
4. Allow 24 to 48 hour for processing
5. You will receive an email (sent to the primary email address) with a system randomly generated password. Use it when following this guide: First Time Logging In