District staff, based on data and previous engagement with the public and stakeholder groups and based on enrolment statistics, building conditions and other considerations, drafted the LRFP with 17 recommendations for Board consideration.
- Several key areas are covered within the LRFP including enrolment forecasts, facility condition, seismic mitigation, the development of a Capital Asset Management Plan, and reduction of capacity.
- The draft LFRP is intended to guide the prioritization of capital projects to ensure students are in seismically-safe facilities that provide modern learning environments now and in the future.
The draft Long Range Facilities Plan was presented for Board approval in April, 2019.
Long Range Facilities Plan - May 29, 2019 - (190 pages, PDF)
- Appendix A-1: 2016 Public Consultation Report
- Appendix A-2: Continuity with Previous LRFP
- Appendix B: Learning Services – List of Programs
- Appendix C: Alternative and Alternate Programs List
- Appendix D: Facility Condition Index
- Appendix E: Capital Plan Summary 2019-20
- Appendix F: Childcare by Type
- Appendix G: Enrolment by School
- Appendix H: School Capacities
- Appendix I: Project Office MOU
- Appendix J: Completed Seismic Projects
- Appendix K: Seismic Risk by VSB School
- Appendix L: VSB Seismic Mitigation Projects, Vancouver Project Office
Vancouver School Board approved the last Long Range Facilities Plan (LRFP) on May 24, 2016. The report includes some amendments to what was previously presented. The final report, which has now been submitted to the Ministry of Education, can be found below.
Appendices are listed below.
LRFP Update – May 18, 2016
- LRFP Cover Memo
- LRFP Report – May 18, 2016 (has been Board approved and updated on May 24th)
- 1.0 Introduction, 2.0 Guiding Principles, 3.0 Background Information, 4.0 Key Components of the Long Range Plan, 5.0 LRFP – Implementation Plan for 2016 to 2021
- Appendix A: Vancouver Seismic Project Office Memorandum of Understanding
- Appendix B: Letter from Minister of Education (Dec. 10, 2015)
- Appendix C: Letter from Deputy Minister of Education (Dec. 23, 2015)
- Appendix D: VBE Adopted an Interim Long Range Facilities Plan
- Appendix E: Completed Seismic Projects
- Appendix F: Schools with High Seismic Risk
- Appendix G: Status of Capital Projects (April 2016)
- Appendix H: Facility Condition Index by Family of Schools
- Appendix I: Terms of Reference
- Appendix J: Public Consultation Report by Public Assembly
- Appendix K: Current Capacity Utilization by School
- Appendix L: Walking Distance Map & Table
- Appendix M: Zone Table
- Appendix N: Current School Closure Policy
- Appendix O: VBE 2015/2016 VSB Capital Plan
- Appendix P: Possible Timeframe for Implementation