About VSB's Adult Education program:
The Vancouver School District’s Adult Education program provides adult students ages 16 or older (as of July 1, 2023) with courses from the literacy level to secondary school completion.
Why choose Adult Education?
- Complete courses for high school graduation (Dogwood or Adult Dogwood Diploma)
- Upgrade marks or complete prerequisites for post-secondary entrance
- Improve numeracy and literacy skills for future employment
- Advance skills for personal interest
A flexible approach to learning:
Our flexible approach to learning allows Adult Education students to study in a way that best fits their needs! Adult Education students have the option to attend structured classes, self-paced courses or a combination of both. Students can attend classes in the morning, afternoon, evening or/and on Saturdays.
Each year, more than 3,000 students enroll in our Adult Education program. Students come from all over Metro Vancouver, the Lower Mainland and around the world. Eligibility requirements include:
- You currently reside in British Columbia, Canada
- You are 16 years or older on July 1 of the current school year
- You are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, and/or a refugee claimant, convention refugee, or eligible international student.
Code of Conduct:
- All students are expected to act in accordance with our Adult Education Code of Conduct .
September Semester (Saturday classes) Registration is ongoing
Cashonline - VSB KEV System
Some courses have workbooks or textbooks that can be purchased or rented through our cashonline system. Please visit vsb.schoolcashonline.com
If you are a student facing financial barriers or pressures, please chat with the teacher about options for your class.
If you are unsure about what courses to take, please contact our main office at 604 713-5770 to make an appointment to speak with an academic advisor.
Registration for current students
Students who are currently active, or attended VSB Adult Education since July 2023
Registration for new or returning students
Students who have not taken courses at South Hill or Gathering Place Education Centres in the past year.
Registration for international students
Students who are international students studying in the Vancouver area
What our students are saying:
"I am so grateful for Adult Education because it allowed me to understand what I needed to do to achieve my goals of higher education. I would never have been able to realize my goals without the support of the faculty. I developed good study habits that have followed me into my first year of law school. It is never too late to realize your full potential."
-- Daniel Zerbo, former VSB Adult Education student
Call us to speak with an academic advisor: 604 713-5770