Enrolment Management Strategies
For areas experiencing enrolment pressure where schools have insufficient capacity to accommodate catchment student enrolment demand, the District applies enrolment management strategies in accordance with procedures set out in AP 300 Admission to School.
Enrolment management strategies are used for the following purposes:
- To ensure continuity and stability for students and their families
- To provide equitable access to programs an support educational programming
- To maximize the number of students that can be accommodated at catchment schools
- To ensure efficient and effective use of resources allocated to staffing schools
The diagram below shows enrolment management strategies that are used by the district to maximize student accommodation at full schools.
Read Chapter 4 of the current Long-Range Facilities Plan, approved on January 25, 2021 for more information.
For enrolment history and projection, please visit Open Data page.
Related Facilities Planning Committee Meeting Reports:
- January 18, 2023, Facilities Planning Committee, 2022-2023 Enrolment Update (September 2022)
- March 9, 2022, Facilities Planning Committee, 2021-2022 Enrolment Update
- March 10, 2021, Facilities Planning Committee, Kindergarten Enrolment: Full School Overview
- November 17, 2021, Finance Committee, 2021-2022 Enrolment Update
- January 22, 2020, Facilities Planning Committee, Kindergarten Registration and Enrolment Process